Whether you believe in Global Warming or not, there is value to living more green in your home. The benefits are two-fold, cost saving and healthier living for you and your family. In this month’s blog we take a look at some ways you can add greener living to your lifestyle. Most of the these don’t take much effort at all or cost a dime.
- Turn off your computer monitor if you aren’t going to use it for more than 20 minutes
- Air dry your dishes, instead of using the dry cycle in your dishwasher
- Switch off lights when you’re not using a space in your home
- Lower the thermostat in your water heater to 102 degrees
- Use a “low flow” shower head and keep baths to a minimum
- Open and close windows and blinds in your home to help control the temperature
- Wash laundry in cold water, instead of warm or hot
- Replace 60 watt light bulbs with compact fluorescents
Without much effort and only a little thought you can help, too! You don’t have to go big to help save energy and practice being green at home. For more ideas, visit sustainablebabysteps.com.